The drilling fluid engineering school course is designed fundamentally to provide the participant with the basics and fundamentals of drilling fluid engineering. They will be equipped with the theory and fundamentals of drilling fluids along with the practical hands on experience in the field of drilling fluids.
The course designed to train professionals for the oil and gas sectors in the field of mud engineering, comprises of classroom lectures, laboratory training and onsite training.
The course is designed and handled by some of the best professionals in the business, and the participant would be adequately equipped to prepare drilling fluids at the rig, treat it and manage it effectively during the course of drilling an oil/gas well.
The Petropath Drilling Fluids designed course covers the genesis of the drilling fluid industry, basics of drilling fluids, practical handling, monitoring and testing of drilling fluids and troubleshooting. This would surely enable the participant to be a highly successful mud engineer in this vast and exciting field.
- Functions of Drilling Fluids
- Basic Chemistry – Clay Chemistry and Polymer Chemistry
- Types of Drilling Fluids and their applications.
- Water base drilling fluids,
- Drilling fluids analysis, calculations and testing.
- Non-aqueous invert emulsion drilling fluids
- High Pressure High Temperature (HPHT) Drilling fluids technologies.
- Basics of rheology and hydraulics, hole stability, solids control, mud loss and its control, Kick control.
- Drilling fluid contamination and its treatment
- Environmental aspects of drilling fluids